Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Week 2

Supermassive black hole   Welcome back for one more interesting week at POT. This week, we had the pleasure of doing the Beginner's Questionnaire to figure out about our teaching style. I scored 13 points out of the possible 20 points. I guess that I am more less in the middle of the pact, not so Pedagogy nor Andragogy  When teaching, if possible I  like to show why we are learning a specific skill or where we are going to apply it in future courses or real life. The next step is to introduce "the lecture" (20 minutes max) using a multi-sensory approach in order to reach students with different learning styles. For this I would use videos, power points, templates,  and real life examples. The next phase is for practice through independent work (technological devices pencil/paper), small group discussion and group exercises. At the end, I would like time for students to use self reflection about what they learn. This can be established by me or any way they choose.

My style is a Hybrid class and I would present my class in a weekly planner.I am not techie, so I would probably start a course using a program such as blackboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment