Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Week 9

FAQ sheet - Algebra 2 online class


1) What type of technological requirements do I need to attend this class?

Answer: First, you need a Mac or PC computer with Safari or Firefox browsers. If you need more information about it, please contact the online services. If you do not have a computer you can use one at the library. Second, you need to create an account at Desmos graphing calculator , Desmo calculator. You need Desmo Calculator to graph functions. Finally, you also need to create an account at Khan Academy, Khan Login Page in order to do your practice skills set.

2) What is the most important advice, in order to succeed in an online class?

Answer: Make sure you read the Syllabus several times at the beginning of the class. Keep up with your work on a weekly basis. Get help when needed, ask tons of questions. Manage your time wisely. If necessary, find an online study buddy. Don't forget to have fun too!


3) How do I get access to the class materials?

Answer: Every week I will post the links for the lecture notes, videos, quizzes/exams, projects including the rubrics. You can easily download the materials and print them if you need hard copies (Do not  forget to Click on printer friendly format.)

4) How can I contact the instructor if I need help?

Answer: You can post any questions through the Forum. At the beginning of the class, I will create a class group where students can upload their HW solutions by taking pictures of them. Weekly, I will provide an hourly face to face time. Be sure to check for the correct time zone, World Clock - Time Zones

5) Can I make up missed assignments?

Answer: Yes, you have until the end of the week, prior to the final exam to turn in all the assignments except online quizzes/exams. However, you can retake quizzes until the end of each unit. Please check the calendar for all the assignments and important dates. It is advisable to write down all important dates or print out the calendar. In case of illness or family emergencies please email me, magalhaes_claudia@hotmail.com ASAP to make the necessary arrangements.

6) How do I find out about my grade?

Answer: Grades are updated on a weekly basis. For quizzes and tests you will automatically receive your score with feedback about the incorrect questions. You will be able to print the tests and quizzes. For projects, I will provide the scores as written on the rubric. If you have any questions, please email me.

7) Can I use a calculator for tests and quizzes?

Answer: Yes, including Desmos.

8) Are the exams including the final opened book?

Answer: Yes, but most exams are time limited so you need to manage your time wisely.


No comments:

Post a Comment