Friday, October 24, 2014

Week 8

This week's topic consisted of learning Web 2.0 tools and skills that can enrich the online classroom by making it more interactive and engaging. Also, those tools can help initiate social networking and increase collaboration among the students and teachers.

As the week went by, my tool box became larger as I incorporated new tools such as Eyejot (http://corp.eyejot.com/) . Eyejot is a paid tool which you can easily create and send a mail video to anyone that has an iPhone or iPodTouch. Screenr (https://www.screenr.com/) was another tool that I added to my tool box. The good news is that it is free and you can  record anything from the screen on your computer (Mac or Windows).

I  had also the opportunity to get reacquainted with Prezi, an interactive presentation software. This software is user friendly and it has great features even in the free version. For example,to boost your presentation, you can insert images, YouTube videos, files, power points. visual effects, and music. In addition, your presentation can be done remotely. Since I invested most of my week learning how to navigate with Prezi, I decided to use it to create an example titled, Seven Great Web 2.0 Tools for Students. I selected seven current tools that can assist students to become more efficient learners. Topics varied from how to organize your resources using online binders (LiveBinders) to how to format bibliographies and citations (EasyBib). I even considered a dictionary tool, Forvo that teaches the correct pronunciation of any word in the world. This is a tool that my family will use frequently because we are trilingual: Portuguese, English and Spanish. We are always debating in how to correctly pronounce new words in those languages. Below is my Prezi presentation.
Seven Web Tools for Students

I will leave you with a link of a slideshare done by Rafael Scapin, Ph. D Coordinator of Educational Technology of Dawson College about The best 20 Web Tools to Boost your Teaching (2013-2014). I hope that you enjoy it! Best 20 Web Tools for Teachers

 

No comments:

Post a Comment