Monday, February 10, 2014

Images and Screenshots

Images and  images. Everywhere we look we are bombarded by images 24 hours a day. From the time we are babies images are all around us and also while we sleep. Most humans are blessed in being able to learn through images. Indeed, images  can provide more information than words. A good example is when you are trying to explain complex 3D solids of revolution, using real life objects you can show the concept of spinning a curve on its axis to create a 3D shape. Nowadays with technology in our daily lives we can see all the different "cool"labs online, like the reaction of metal with water. I am a visual learner and the images allow me to learn faster. This also helps with  teaching, because I can see the information before I see my students.

                                                 "A picture is worth a thousand words!"








When I am homesick I can just see the Christ overseeing the Baia da Guanabara in Rio. as though I was there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment